Graduate Certificate of Design
- Bachelor of Design (or Equivalent *)
* An equivalent qualification or knowledge, skills and experience may include:
- A Bachelor degree with a major focus on Design or a Design related field in the creative arts and cultural industries, OR
- Minimum of five years of current professional work / practice in the creative arts and cultural industries.
SELECTION AND ADMISSION:
With your application, you may need to submit:
- Academic records (eg. Certified copies of Testamurs and Transcripts of Academic Results)
- Portfolio consisting of, and documenting recent work relevant to the course of study (6-8 pieces in any medium)
- A CV showing academic, professional, and work experience for a minimum of two recent years.
- A statement (300 words or less) in support of your application (if requested)
- Proof of identity and citizenship (passport or birth certificate).
If your application is short listed for a commonwealth supported place, then you will be required to attend an interview to secure your place in the program.
NO TUITION FEES!
The Graduate Certificate of Design is offered to eligible students in Trimester 3 2021 under the Australian Government’s Commonwealth Grant Scheme (CGS), 2021 program.
There are no course tuition fee costs to enrolled students.
Under this Scheme, the Commonwealth will fund the course tuition fees, and enrolled students will not need to apply for a FEE-HELP loan OR pay the tuition fees themselves.
Next Intake - September 2021
- Explore research methodologies with specific frames of reference and contexts for design-oriented projects,
- Engage with artefact-based research investigations to inform creative written and designed outcomes; and
- Extend frameworks for ideas generation in design research capability based on:
- Interdisciplinary investigations of design thinking practices;
- Use of new technologies and materials; and,
- Community needs and ethically sustainable practice leading to innovative approaches in design solutions.
The Graduate Certificate of Design is made up of three integrated subjects (or units) of study offered at the Whitehouse Sydney and Melbourne campuses over a single trimester, full-time, face-to-face, online, or mixed mode.
Subject Code Subject Name Credit points
- RW7 Research Workshop for Design 12
- MC7 Explorations of Material Culture 12
- IG7 Frameworks for Ideas Generation 12